Kerala is an Indian state located on the Malabar coast of south-westIndia. It was formed on 1 November 1956 by the States Reorganisation Act by combining various Malayalam-speaking regions.
The state has an area of 38,863 km2 (15,005 sq mi) and is bordered by Karnataka to the north and north-east, Tamil Nadu to the east and south, and the Arabian Sea to the west. Thiruvananthapuram is the state capital; other major cities are Kochi (the financial and industrial hub) and Kozhikode. According to a survey by economics research firm Indicus Analytics, five of the ten most livable cities in India are in Kerala.
Kerala has the highest Human Development Index of all Indian states; its literacy rate of 93.91% is the highest of any Indian state, and a survey in 2005 by Transparency International ranked it as the least corrupt state. It is also ranked as India’s cleanest state. Kerala has witnessed significant migration of its people, especially to the Persian Gulf countries during the Kerala Gulf boom, and its economy depends significantly on remittances from a large Malayali expatriate community.
Kerala is an important international and internal tourist destination; the backwaters, beaches, Ayurvedic tourism, and tropical greenery are among its major attractions. National Geographic’s Traveler magazine named Kerala as one of the “ten paradises of the world” and “50 must-see destinations of a lifetime”; Travel + Leisure listed it as “one of the 100 great trips for the 21st century”.
- केंद्रीय कर्मचारी के लिए गुड़ न्यूज , इतने फीसदी बढ़ेगा महंगाई भत्ता,फाइनल हो गया फॉर्मूला! देखें कैलकुलेशन
- NPS के तहत केंद्रीय कर्मचारियों को न्यूनतम पेंशन देने की खबर को लेकर वित्त मंत्रालय ने दिया ये जवाब
- केंद्रीय कर्मचारयों को जल्द मिलने वाली है खुशखबरी, पूरी रिपोर्ट पढ़कर जानिए क्या मिलेगा
- यात्रियों के बीच से उठा और दिमाग पर सटाकर की ताबड़तोड़ फायरिंग, चलती ट्रेन में शख्स की आत्महत्या ने मचाई सनसनी
- Grant of Dearness Allowance to Railway employees – Revised Rates effective from 01.01.2023