Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees – enhanced rates effective from 1st April, 2015
Finance Ministry has issued an OM revising the Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government Employees with effect from 01.04.2015. Grade pay wise / city wise admissible Transport Allowance is given below.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 5th August, 2015
Subject:- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees.
Reference is invited to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No. 21(2)/2008-E.11(8) dated 29th August, 2008 regarding: grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees, consequent upon implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (6th CPC).
2. The Government has since considered the re-classification of cities/towns/localities as per Census-2011 (population criteria) for the purpose of Transport Allowance, Accordingly, the President is pleased to decidethe revised classification of cities, towns and localities, for the purpose of grant of Transport
Allowance at higher rates to Central Government employees, as per Annexure-I.
Therefore, the table below para ‘1’ of O.M. dated 29.08.2008 stands partially modified as under:-
|Employees drawing Grade Pay of||Rates of Transport Allowance of admissible per month|
|Cities classified as per Annexure-1||All cities, towns and localities,other than those included in
|Grade Pay of Rs.5400– and above||Rs.3200/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.1600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Grade Pay of 4200/-, Rs.4600/- and Rs.4800/-||Rs.1600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.800/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Those drawing Grade pay below Rs.4200 put drawing pay in pay band equivalent to Rs.4401-and
|Grade pay below Rs.4200 and pay in pay band below Rs.7440/-||Rs.600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.400/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
3. The revised classification of cities/towns/localities for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance shall take effect from 1st April, 2015.
4. The orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government. The orders will also be applicable to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. All other conditions mentioned in Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29.08.2008 shall remained unchanged.
6. In so far as the persons working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, this Order issues in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. ·
7. Hindi version is attached.
LIST OF CITIES AND TOWNS ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHER RATES OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE ON RE-CLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS AS PER CENSUS-2011
(WITH EFFECT FROM 1st APRIL, 2015)
|Sl.No.||NAME OF THE STATE/UNION TERRITORIES||NAME OF THE CITY/TOWN|
|(i)||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||—|
|(viii)||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||—|
|(ix)||DAMAN & DIU||—|
|(xv)||JAMMU AND KASHMIR||—|
|(xxi)||MAHARASHTRA||Greater Mumbai(UA); Nagpur(UA); Pune(UA)|
|(xxxiii)||UTTAR PRADESH||Ghaziabad(UA); Kanpur(UA); Lucknow(UA)|
Download Finance Ministry OM No.21(2)/2015-E.ll (B) dated 06.08.02015